This post may contain affiliate links. Each time you purchase using our unique code or link, we receive a small portion of the sale at no cost to you.
Neighbor is an online marketplace that connects people with unused space to those
in need of storage. Launched last year, it offers storage 50% cheaper, on average, than
traditional self-storage and provides Utah homeowners a way to turn their unused space into extra monthly income. Hosts can bring in $20-200 a month depending on the size of their storage space.
The process of finding space involves a simple search from the main page of Neighbor that brings you directly to the listings available. You can then also move around the interactive Google map to see the other listings available in surrounding areas. Search, Reserve, and Connect. It’s that simple. These spaces are affordable, flexible, inexpensive, and safe as they are on somebody’s property where there are people typically around.
Tips for Renters:
● Search for storage locally and in the surrounding areas to find the most competitive price
● Communicate effectively with host once the reservation is placed
How to become a Host:
Anyone can become a host! All you need is an empty room, garage, RV pad, or shed. To begin, simply create a host profile, become verified, take high quality photos of your space, and then create a listing. When someone decides to rent your space you will be notified via email and provided with the next steps in being a successful host. Once your space is booked you connect with the renter to decide a good time to move in.
Tips for Hosts:
● Take photos of available space (we recommend you clean the space to make it look
● Upload 3-5 photos of the space (photos taken on a phone should be done horizontally to
avoid having the image flip)
● Offer a good detailed description of the space
● Be responsive to renters
● Price your space competitively
● If you have enough space then consider listing multiple spaces of differing sizes
Most Demanded Space Size:
● 10×10 – $40-60
● Outdoor Vehicle/RV/Boat – $60-100 – Depending on Size
● Indoor Vehicle/RV/Boat – $80-150 – Depending on Size