Did you know that there are 287 toxic chemicals that have been found in a newborn’s cord blood? Women are constantly using beauty products that help us look good (which is definitely needed while pregnant) but unless we’re careful about what we’re doing to our bodies to enhance them, we may be allowing toxins to go straight to the unborn fetus. The 287 toxic chemicals is a lot, obviously, but there are some things that you use everyday that can prevent against exposing your fetus to toxic chemicals.
Here are a few tips to keep your unborn child safe while pregnant:
- Do not use lipstick. If you choose to wear lipstick, choose them carefully.
- Upgrade your shampoo. Avoid shampoos with DMDM and hydantoin.
- Avoid lead that may be found in foundation, nail colors, and whitening toothpaste.
- Avoid mani/pedis.
- Opt for natural essential oils instead of perfume and other scents.
- Do not dye your hair.
- Avoid using anti-bacterials. Use regular soap and water.
- Use paraben-free makeup.
I wish I had known these facts before having two children but at least I’m prepared now. It’s amazing how often we use products and really do not know what is in them! Although this article is for pregnant women, and I am not pregnant, I will be taking this into consideration while I am out shopping for products at the store.
So much helpful tips for staying safe pregnancy. I will must follow this when i will become a pregnant women. Can you tell why w choose lipstick carefully What kind of problem around it? Thanks in advance for your answer.
Comments are closed.