On a daily basis, we see all those amazing pictures and crazy-detailed checklists that seem to make our dreams of a perfect home a quick reality. But in the real-world, it’s a little more complicated than that. Before making plans for home improvement this season, let this simple list help you tidy up and organize what you already have (that way your painting projects and renovation ideas will seem more manageable when the time comes to enjoy doing them!)
Here are five thoughts for getting a fresh start all around, with tips on how to stay organized, involve your family in the process, and finally TACKLE the daunting task of spring cleaning!
1. Start with the basics and make a list! Check out these great checklists that we love.
2. Use tips from the experts! Skim through these ones and see if there’s any ideas you can use:
3. Don’t forget the small stuff! Here’s some reminders and tips about those pesky and forgotten items:
**BONUS TIP: It’s also a great idea to also freshen up your finances, menu plans, phone contacts, photos, and computers this time of year! Take a look at these helpful hacks on how to make your life more organized this spring:
4. Set a plan to stay organized and stay clean. Here’s an example plan for a weekly to-do list by room:
**BONUS TIP: Check out these phone apps for cleaning, organizing, and inventory! http://mashable.com/2013/03/24/home-inventory-apps/
5. Don’t forget to get family involved—you don’t have to do it all yourself! In fact, you can try these great ideas for family fun and teaching opportunities for the kiddos. Here are some age-appropriate jobs, and children’s books themed around cleaning:
Once you’ve tackled the clutter, it’s time to see what in your home could stand some improvement! Make a list of small weekend projects and schedule them out, or call Centurion Homes with questions or inquiries about bigger projects. We’d love to help you keep improving!
These kind of article helps a lot. Thanks for sharing the article.
Comments are closed.