What if I told you that there was a quick, simple way for you to empower the world? What if I told you that you could actually do this right now!? No, I am not spouting off nonsense; in fact, you can help children throughout the world who have been subjected to the most heinous of acts with just a couple minutes of your time and a few clicks of your mouse.
Okay, enough hyperbole. From now until November 8, 2017, Best Company, the place where I work, is donating $2 for every review generated through its website (BestCompany.com) to Operation Underground Railroad. Now let me see if I can answer a few questions you might have: Who? What? Why? How?
- “Thousands of customer reviews. Hundreds of detailed data points. Our Independent research will help you find a customer you can trust.”
- At Best Company, our primary focus is the ultimate consumer experience. As a result, we do not allow the companies listed on our site to “buy” their ranking and moderate all user reviews to ensure that they are from real customers and contain helpful, valuable information.
o Operation Underground Railroad
- Operation Underground Railroad is a national nonprofit organization that assists governments from around the world in rescuing human and sex trafficking victims.
- For every $1 Operation Underground Railroad spends:
- $0.59 is spent on development of rescue missions, pre-mission operations, rehabilitation, and development
- $0.10 is spent on legal fees, employee benefits, training, and office costs (10 full-time employees)
- $0.08 is spent on marketing
- $0.11 is spent on S.T.A.R.S.-software development training for local authorities provided by software specialist
- $0.12 is spent on salaries (according to recent survey charities actually spend on average 36.9 cents on the dollar on overhead)
- That’s it, all you’ve got to do is share your opinion, whether positive or negative, about companies that you have worked with. For each review that you leave, $2 will be donated to Operation Underground Railroad to help a child in need somewhere in the world, so the more reviews, the better. The rules are simple:
o Go to BestCompany.com
o Browse through the thousands of companies that have been ranked on the website
If you find a company that you’ve done business with, click the “Write a Review” button and provide your honest feedback of the company
o The more detail you include, the better; remember you are trying to empower other consumers through your review with your own personal experiences
o Please do not leave a review for a company you work at, a company that is a competitor of your company, or a company that you have not actually done business with
- It’s that simple! For each unique review you leave from October 25 to November 8, $2 will go directly towards getting a child or victim to safety.
This one is simple. First of all, you can help a child in need from the comfort of your own home. You could even “Netflix and volunteer”—how awesome is that! Additionally, you can let your voice be heard and provide valuable insights that could help other consumers make better purchasing decisions. You go Glenn Coco.
All you’ve got to do is head over to BestCompany.com and start leaving reviews. That’s it…why aren’t you leaving a review yet?
Note that this contest is running from October 25th to November 8th! So hurry on over and see how much money we can raise!
This article was put together by your friendly neighborhood data analysis, Eric Wilson.