Scroll to the bottom for the giveaway information.
About 7 years ago, my husband and I attended our first Renaissance Faire. It was clear up in Davis or Weber County and I wasn’t sure if it was going to be worth it but we were really excited about the jousting. We happened to get in for free, a nice lady must have seen the stress on my face, being poor college students who were just trying to do something unique for a date, and gave us her tickets.
This year, we are lucky to have the Renaissance Faire right here in our county at Thanksgiving Point. Thanksgiving Point is hosting but not putting on the event.
Thanksgiving Point: 848 East 1475 North, Lehi
Put on by The Utah Valley Fine Arts Council and Utah Valley University School of the Arts
DATES AND TIMES
Friday and Saturday August 28-29, at Thanksgiving Point’s Electric Park, Lehi
Faire hours are from 10 am to 6:30 pm
Special performances of Shakespeare’s Richard II, free to the public, will be presented at 7 pm both nights by Grassroots Shakespeare.
- The world famous Knights of Mayhem, with local favorite, Charlie Andrews, who is the eight time and current reigning world champion jouster will present full contact jousting and demonstrations of horsemanship.
- After the evening jousting match, a Medieval feast will be held at 7 pm both nights with VIP seating for the jousting contest, authentic medieval music, a five course meal and live entertainment.
- There will be a wide variety of performers, artisans and vendors.
- Vocal and instrumental groups will perform Renaissance music.
- Theatrical performers will portray historical characters such as Shakespeare, Leonardo da Vinci, Galileo, Gutenberg and other figures from the Renaissance era.
- The Royal Court will include a king and queen, nobles, jester and jugglers.
- “Birds of Prey” one of the best shows in the state, will be presented by Ben Woodruff, Lehi Hutchings Museum Director
- Other talented performers will entertain, such as horse vaulters, combat actors and puppeteers.
- Pirates, witches, fairies, and other mythical characters will also enhance the Faire.
- Talented artisans will present their crafts and skills, such as pottery, bread making, candle making, blacksmiths, weaving and spinning, stained glass, leather work, woodcarving, weaving, millinery, face painting, hairstyling, and more.
- A wide variety of food and merchandise will be provided by vendors.
- Family friendly fun and education for the whole family!
Guests who are in costume and purchase general admission tickets at the gate receive $2 off!
Tickets are good for both days of the faire.
No admission charge for Grassroots Shakespeare’s Richard II at 7 pm each night.
Military discount of 50% is only for tickets bought at the gate (see details on the site).
$25 Family Pass (ages 6 and up)
Valid for up to 6 people in an immediate family.
Adults (ages 12 through 64): $12
Students (with valid ID): $10
Seniors (ages 65+): $10
Children (ages 6-11): $8
Children (ages 5 and under): Free
No feast tickets available on Friday. Saturday only. Details here:
GIVEAWAY for the Renaissance Faire
To enter this giveaway, leave a comment on this blog post. One random winner will be chosen on August 25, 2015. The winner will receive 2 adult passes to the Faire.
This giveaway is open to US Residents 18 years or older. No purchase necessary. Because of the lateness of this giveaway, the winner will only be given 24 hours to respond so please leave an email you check often.