With New Year’s Eve approaching, there are many parties and events but what if you just want to stay home and play with the kids? Here are a few of my favorite activities:
- Make noise makers – empty paper towel or toilet paper cardboard rolls with beans inside and plastic wrap with an elastic band or tape to close off each side is a simple thing to make. You could also use paper plates (stapled together), empty boxes, or make your own enclosed shape with paper.
- Mixed up games – use different pieces and different rules from various games and make a new game.
- Make a tent with blankets and furniture – I personally enjoy watching a movie or television show after I set up the tent.
- Make a time capsule.
- As a family, review the past year and talk about some of the favorite moments and activities of the year. Make new goals or a list of activities for the upcoming year.
- Have a movie night or a movie marathon.
- Make some goodies.
Here’s how we make our noise makers:
What do you enjoy doing with your kids for New Year’s Eve?